Sunday, February 24, 2008

Here we go!

So I've decided to add to this mess we call the internet, just for shits and giggles. And so, for now, it's all about food. A couple things you may want to know, however.

1) I hate cheese. Yes, I realize this makes me a freak of nature, and I'm ok with that. Believe it or not you can actually cook very tasty food without this ingredient, most of Asia has been doing it for centuries.

2) I can't really eat spicy food. Again, most will stop reading here, but honestly, I don't really give a shit what you think.

And so, to start it all off, something simple:

Pasta with Zucchini and Shallots

This is a nice simple pasta dish. I would recommend using some sort of cut pasta. I used rotelle which works nicely because it's the same shape as the zucchini, but any one will do. Also, feel free to substitute onions for shallots, though use less because the shallot has a much more subtle sweet flavor than your average yellow or white onion.

4 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds (the thinner the better)
3 shallots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin, always)
salt to taste

heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat
add the shallots and garlic, cook until translucent, stirring occasionally
add the zucchini and salt and cook over med or med-low heat for approximately 10 minutes (until the zucchini begins to lose it's shape)

meanwhile cook the pasta in salted water

toss the zucchini shallot mixture with the pasta, adding more oil if it seems dry

Enjoy!

3 comments:

seriously said...

yes you are a freak, but we love you anyway. you make-a me hungry!

LianaCatherine said...

Muffin, I totally eated the leftovers of this from the old work fridge.... SO yum! The shallots were especially num nums.

Papagayo said...

i lovis the this recipes